Saturday, April 30, 2016

Elementary Teacher of the Year

Hello!

How is everyone!  It has been a rough couple of weeks! I went down to Florida... looking for a home...and I also was able to meet with a couple schools in hopes of being able to find my "new classroom".  This is so scary for me because since college my dream school was Rock Quarry Elementary.  In my wildest dream would I one day be employed at the school I am at today.. and I got an interview before I even graduated.  I know I have to stay positive and have an open mind because I will get a job.  No it may not be what I am used to or in Kindergarten but Hey, I am not opposed to teacher another grade or meeting some awesome other teachers! So until I find out where I will be teaching next year lets continue  talking about this year!

I am bragging on my co-teacher.  She is the Special Education teacher in my school, we are the same age, been teaching the same amount of years.. only thing she went to Auburn and I went to Alabama, but I have to say she is THE BEST TEACHER!  Her and I teach 3 students together.  She has been so extremely helpful and wonderful to work with.  We have been able to bring the students from her classroom into my classroom so much this year!  I do not know who enjoys this more, the students or us.  Now onto the best part, she has been telling me I have to go to a special education meeting with her, which happens to be this past Monday. (I knew she was getting an award for New Comer of the Year) so of course I said I would come.. I show up with my backpack and planner like any teacher nerd would. I sit down and notice... hmm they have changed this to just the awards ceremony.. in my mind I am thinking "Rachel is going to die when she hears her name" (Rachel is the Spec.Ed. Teacher).. as I start listening I hear something.. the speaker is describing my classroom, etc.  Not only did Rachel get an award I did too! I was as red as red gets! So shocked! I had received Elementary Teacher of the Year ! I am so thankful for how hard I have worked this year... As I was saying earlier in this post, RQES is my favorite school ever! I have loved this school from the beginning when I was the America Reads tutor from the Financial Aid program at the University of Alabama.  I have worked my tail off since I was 18 years old.  I was determined to become such a wonderful teacher and I will continue to do so... This award has showed me that hard work and dedication really does show in the end, and it is amazing how much it makes me just want to work even harder!


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet tale - seriously cool! It was great fun to meet you at the #tptorlando16 conference! We are trying to drop by and visit as many blogs as we can while we are here - and yours is bright, colorful, crisp and clean! Ours is itallstartedwithflubber.com - if you get a chance to take a peek and leave us a comment, Erika! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete