Sunday, September 11, 2016

Flag Ceremony and AR kickoff

Something that really stands out to me at the school I am now teaching at is how involved the students are in aspect of the day.   Actually how they lead the school!  IT IS FABULOUS! From being safety guards in the morning, greeters, leading the video announcements to making speeches when it comes to special activities.  THESE STUDENTS ROCK.  They really do understand what being a leader means and how it helps in everyday situations.   This past week we had a flag ceremony to remember those who we lost during 9/11.  This was the first assembly I had gone to at our school.  WOW, this is all I can say.  Not one adult said anything. (except saying a big thank you to everyone for coming)  These wonderful students gave speeches, honored our local firemen, led the entire school in the national anthem, and pledge.  We had speakers from k-5 remembering there part in the presentation!

Thank you everyone who was involved, you all did a fabulous job! I was very impressed!


We kicked off AR on Friday too! We had a wonderful kickoff which was led by teachers! This was quite a show as well.  The students loved it! Now they will be ready to bombarden me for the rest of the year to take tests :) Which I do not mind! As long as they are really reading and earning the points! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment